1. When and why did you decide to become a Hike Leader:
I began leading hikes for the Club in 2005. I was interested in sharing my experiences on the trail with others and developing interest in the expansion of the trail system in Ontario.
2. What's your favourite part of the Bruce Trail:
A difficult question. Perhaps the area of Devil's Pulpit and Forks of the Credit as it provides a great mixture of challenging and easy walking within a few km and provides a number of scenic opportunities.
3. What's your favourite Toronto-section Trail area:
The Hilton Falls Loop, particularly in the winter or early spring. Just for the sheer beauty of the falls and the woods in the area.
4. What do you love about volunteering with BTC:
It is an opportunity to form relationships with like-minded people, both among the hike leaders and our hikers. The opportunity to share experiences on the Bruce Trail and other hiking areas has been very rewarding. I've served on the TBTC Board several times and held the role of Hiking Director.
5. Why should GTA residents get outside and enjoy the Bruce Trail:
The Bruce Trail provides an opportunity, close to the city, to enjoy an outdoor experience that most people in the area are unaware of. It provides a well-marked and accessible route to a vast number of scenic beauties and a means to connect with nature.
6. Do you have any special hikes on your bucket list:
Really too many to list but New Zealand and Southern Africa are well up there.
My photo is from fall 2014 Hilton Falls Side Trail